Friday, May 6, 2011

SPECIAL: MOMI

I really enjoyed the tour yesterday. Although, it was a little rushed through by the
tour guide. I actually did learn a few things and discover some interesting facts. In the beginning of the tour, we were taught how film started and how Nickeloneon shows started in the early 1900's. Also, we were showed quite a few things we learned in American Film Class. The tour guide showed us that during the filming of a movie, there are twenty-four frames shot per second. As well as the advancement of video cameras over the course of a hundred years. I found that to be very interesting and quite an advancement.

                   During the tour in another room, I noticed the museum was playing a
silent film we viewed in American Film class called The Great Train Robbery by D.W. Griffith.
When I was listening, the guide was explaining the how this was one of the first silent films with
color. I remembered in Professor Rheuben's class she explained the same thing. I really enjoyed
seeing and experiencing what directors and camera people go through as far finding the perfect music to fit a scene. I thought that was a lot of fun. 


Looking back in time to see the different cameras and television sets. How big the director's cameras
were to move around. How small the television sets were to fit the typical wives homemaker lifestyle. 
It was really mind blowing. I really enjoyed when our group made the mini movie. Posing for the camera, I'm such a plus size model at heart :-)


The old video game systems and video were really awesome to look that. I've heard of the video game 
system Atari from the 1970s, but to actually have seen it in person was a blast to the past. Technology
has definitely advanced from that era to now. I was really impressed and fascinated by it. What really caught my attention and kept my attention; was seeing all the prosthetic pieces and old movies that when along with it. Even a movie we saw in American Film called Citizen Kane starring Orsen Welles. 
I saw the old make-up and letters he wrote to the studio of the film.


Overall, I had a great time and will use the passes given to us and go back again, and again, and again. I had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment