Tuesday, May 31, 2011

BLOG # 19: REFLECTIONS ON ARCHIEVES PAPER

           The archieves essay was very interesting. I enjoyed the first visit to the LaGuardia Archieves
with class. The tour guides expressed more detail into showing us what our project was going to to be about.
We gathered more information the first time and the tour guides lended more of a helping hand the first time. The documentation that was provided to us on the second visit was little helpful. However, nothing was in order. All the documents were scattered all over the place in one big folder. Imagine, five people going through this folder at the same time and mixing documents up.

I will admit, I did gather quite a bit of information about Roger Starr and New York City during the time
of when the whole government programs began. I received about I would say a few pages of newspaper articles they supplied to us. I used those as the primary source for my essay.

Overall, it was a helpful experience. It showed me how to research better and be  more proficient with my work.I learned a lot about writing in this class and I'm very appreciative for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment