Friday, May 6, 2011

BLOG # 11: CONCEPT OF THE OTHER

                    The concept of "the other" boggles my mind.I always considered everyone
 pretty equal. People make such a big deal about homosexuality as if its the worst thing on the face of the earth.I mean, me personally dating or having an intimate relationship with another woman is not my cup of tea. I can definitely understand how a person of one sex can fall in love with a person of the same sex.

Part of my family is of west-indian decent. In the west-indian culture, homosexuality is very much frowned upon.I've heard stories about people who are considered "the other" that were just horrifying. Especially one story about this female soccer player that was openly homosexual. She was teased and taunted by men who watched her games on thew field. When night fell, they beat and raped this women who did nothing wrong to them. Even to the point where should could not conceive children. It is a sad story and I get teary eyed when I think about it.

I really don't consider people "other". I just see one race, the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment