Thursday, April 14, 2011

BLOG # 10: REFLECTION


This English course has been really helpful in many ways. I’ve learned
different aspects of certain content studied in this course, that I did not know existed. In the beginning of the semester, we studied Plato’s story “ Allegory of The Cave”. Within the story, there were a few of nuances relating to illusion and reality. How people will live in ignorance not knowing there is a whole out there beyond what they are used too. Then as we progressed, “ Allegory of The Cave” was the segue into The Matrix film we viewed in class. Which for me was the most interesting piece of work we’ve studied in class so far.

The Matrix had so many different comparisons to religion, life, illusions, and reality. When we spoke about it in class I learned so many things about the movie that I would’ve never learned and compared too on my own. Having Neo portrayed as the Jesus dying for our sins and resurrecting after being murdered was unbelievable. Or when Morpheus broke from his chains after being captured by the agents, comparing that of when slave broke free from there shackles was just so real. What really bought it home for me was when we compared the Matrix to our everyday lives. When Cipher stated “ ignorance is bliss” in the film. As we elaborated on it class, it was so true. People may live in their own reality, there own Matrix. Where they can just be happy everyday not wanting to know or understand certain aspects of there life that made them who they are. Maybe there not proud of it or really don’t know, but I feel that as much as people run away from the problems in there life. Problems always run faster.

Oedipus the King I thought was a great play as well. Although, the old English
Wording threw me off a bit. As I read on, I began to understand the play. I’ve heard of Oedipus, especially when people mention the “Oedipus Complex”. However, I never knew the story until we began going over in class. A lot of people in the world unknowingly have an Oedipus Complex. But what I really
Enjoyed about the story, and how it is similar to Matrix was that damn Oracle.
The main characters in the both stories relied in that Oracle. From both stories, I came to two conclusions, not to go to any fortune tellers, cause I can see that it has ruined lives; and my second conclusion was that our destiny maybe chosen for us already. No “Oracle” is gonna tell me what is destined for me. Only, I can make that choice if I decide to want to know the truth and believe in myself. I believe all things are possible.

This has been the first time I’ve ever done blogging before in a college course.
I’ve heard of people of entertainment shows and websites blogging about celebrities and make-up tips, but never actually knew what a blog was. That is, until I entered this course. Blogging is actually pretty fun. Blogging in class for me is actually is better because I feel I’m on a time limit, which I am; but I want my blog to be great within that time I have to do it. As oppose to when I get home, and I try to blog, nothing comes out. I know its very weird. The blogging and feedback to my blogs has helped me quite a bit, because it made me see how my writing is at this point, and what I can do to improve my writing. The best blog I’ve done so far, has to be Blog # 1, 4, and 10. I feel those I’ve written in particular, I took a certain stand in those. I felt very strongly about was I writing and was content with what I’ve written. I wanna do better and I know I can do better with my blogs. I just have to stop being afraid of what I’m going write and just write what I’m feeling. I must brainstorm, and make sure my ideas are placed correctly and the grammar is good. Overall, I do enjoy this class. I like what we are studying and can’t wait to learn more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment