Thursday, March 10, 2011

                    My public self and private self are two different people living in one house.
       In public... I am "Irene"; I am very professional, nice, sweet, funny, and can be very loud. I'm
usually the life of the party when I hang out with my friends. The crazy thing is, when people meet me    for first time, they're impression is that I'm such a sweet girl. Even to the extent of believing that I am  a pushover. People try to take advantage of my public self a lot. That's when "Renie" comes in. "Renie"is my private self. Renie is cool, down to earth and doesn't let anyone walk all over her. People cometo my private self for advice and to make them laugh. My private self is a mother, girlfriend, a singer, and a friend. My public self and private self are two great people.
              Everyone has a public self and private self. I believe that everyone needs to be
two different people at times. I think of our public selves and private selves as "drag". When I refer
to the word "drag", I mean as a "drag queen". "drag queens", dress up, wear the best outfits, hair and make-up and give millions of people the performance of there life. They make us laugh, some even make us cry. They're performance is what we remember as the first impression. But when they take off the hair, the make-up,  and the ambiance. They become there private selves. They become who there private selves. That is how I view my public self and private self. As if I live in drag by day and become my private self when I walk through the door of my home.
           As my public self, I should speak up more. A few of my friends tell me that I can be
passive aggressive at times. People can say the most hurtful things and I will not confront them, because I don't want to start a confrontation. Now a days, people have a very short fuse; including myself. Which is why I hardly start a fight. That is a huge problem because, My private self will infuse with anger. I will bring the problems I had in public to my home which is private. My public
issues would have been non-existent if I took charge head on with it in the first place.  That is the difference between my public and private self. My private self has a lot of balls. A burning desire to
succeed in everything that I do. That's where my public self and private self are similar. They
both want to do better but still needs time to grow.
              











*-+


       

2 comments:

  1. I feel like even if people are adults they still have yet to grow. People shouldn't have room for mistakes(from a perfectionist point). I like your relation of drag queens to your self. Everyone does dress their personality in order to fit a certain criteria. You sound like a great person from both views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lis, I really appreciate your comment

    ReplyDelete